"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not."

Thursday 19 September 2013

I love a good B-movie. The lurid Technicolour, the hammy acting, the questionable dialogue...It's perfectly silly entertainment and the perfect inspiration for Common Brimstone's first Halloween. All year long I've been wracking my brain for themes and ideas for Halloween perfumes and B-movies is It, my friends. I picked five classics and I made 'em into perfumes, and come October 1st, you'll be able to make them your own.

There's a special reason why I've wanted to do something big and fancy for Halloween. Of course there's the obvious reason - Halloween is fun and full of folklore, magic, and creativity - three of my favourite things! And since I'm apparently too old for Trick or Treating anymore, I have to get involved somewhere. The less obvious reason is a bit more personal.

Last October my dad passed away very unexpectedly of heart failure. One of the reasons I opened

Common Brimstone is February this year is because that's his birthday and I wanted to do something positive to mark the occasion, rather than dwell on what I'd lost. I'd like to do the same in October.

So here's the deal. Five limited edition B-movie scents, available between 1st-31st October. They will be a tiny bit pricier than my regular catalogue because I will be donating all the profits to the British Heart Foundation in my dad's memory.

I am always extremely reluctant to tell people where to spend their money - that's really none of my business. But if you have been considering buying perfume from me, I would love it if you made it one of my B-movie perfumes this October. Not only will you get getting a limited edition never-to-be-seen-again one of a kind scent, but you'll be contributing to a great cause that's close to my heart.

Oh, what's that? You want to hear more about these fabulous fragrances? Well, if you follow me on Tumblr (and if not, why not?!), you'll have seen the research I was doing not that long ago (and by "research" I mean "looking at pretty pictures") and might have some ideas. If not, let me give you a sneak peek...

The Raven - black as night with an edge of old feathers

The Black Cat - sultry and alluring

Zombies on Broadway - a surprisingly exotic concoction

The Wasp Woman - sweet, but not without her sting!

The Devil's Daughter - sensual and dark

Excited? I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment